How To Get Rid Of Cat Urine Smell

$150

Cat urine smell can be hard to remove but with these tricks your house will be smelling lovely again using a few safe items.

Step 1: Before you begin you will need a few items to drive out that cat urine smell.

• Vinegar and water
  • Natures Miracle pet safe cleaner
  • Homeright steamer
  • Wash clothes
  • Distilled Water
  • Small cup

Step 2: With most projects it is good to get everything out the way. I had a small table in this space so I removed it.

It happens that our kitty was going potty in the corner behind the table.

Step 3: Treat anything that has been affected by the cat urine.

I got on my hands and knees and gave the space a sniff test. I found the odor stronger at this foot of the table and along the baseboard.

I am pretty sure it got under the baseboard.

Put some vinegar and water into a cup and sit the foot of the affected piece into the cup. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and remove it. The smell should be gone.

Now spray the vinegar and water along the baseboard and anywhere else you smelled the smell. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes then wipe it up with a clean wet washcloth.

Step 4: Natures Miracle

If the smell is persistent repeat everything with Natures Miracle.

It is a little more heavy duty and should get rid of the smell unless it has gotten somewhere you cannot reach like the baseboard.

Step 5

Grab your steamer, I like to use the Homeright Steamer, and attach the jet nozzle.

Step 6

Point the jet nozzle into the crack under the baseboard and spray the steam into that hard to reach spot.

Step 7:

Since you have your machine out go ahead and steam the tile. It will get rid of any of those last urine particles.

If you would like to see a video demonstration on how I get rid of cat urine smell click my link below where you will find the video on my website.

The quicker you clean up your cats mess the better chance you will not need Nature's Miracle.

Most the time I only need the vinegar and water. About once a month a pull out the steamer and steam the floors.

But if the mess has been left too long I need the .

This is our sweet kitty who leaves us gifts now and then. Haha!

If you would love more cat decor ideas check out my . It will give you a fun idea to treat your special fur baby!

Linda

• Sylvia

so where do you purchase the citrus solution.

• Linda

If you are talking about the Nature Mira me I found it at PetSmart and Walmart.

• Shane

Anyone know what to use to keep cats from using my flower beds as their toilet?

• DebWor

Cedar wood chips and moth balls also keeps the squirrels away. I was having trouble with squirrels taking my bulb plants moth balls that's how I found out cats don't like them😀

• Desertbarb

What about getting rid of dog pee stains and odors on beige carpet?

• Janice Enix

Unless your fur baby is used for breeding having he/her neutered/spayed will stop the spraying.

• Mary

I put alcohol in a spray bottle - drench area & enjoy fresh scent - works great on door jams & won't hurt fabrics.

• DebWor

Have the vet check for diabetes. If a cat isn't using his box a) box needs cleaning. b) cat may be ill. cats are a clean animals. Spraying out of box may need a.covered or taller box. If a cat has diabetes it is cure able with a change of food and diet. She or he will actually show no more diabetes.