DIY Spring Inspired Mother's Day Gift Idea

$10
1 Day

I always think that handmade gifts are far more special than shop bought, so I love to create something special for the people I love. I made this spring inspired Happy Mother’s Day gift, which is very easy to do and you can personalise it in any way you want!

diy spring inspired mother s day gift idea

You will need spring plants of your choice (your mum's favourite if you are recreating this for her!) and some terracotta plant pots

Start by painting your terracotta plant pots in the colour of your choice. I chose Annie Sloan’s chalk paint in original and DecoArt chalky paint in mint. You can paint either one colour or several. I used a tape to achive a nice crisp line

Use air clay and create whatever embellishment you want, it is totally up to you - create circles, love hearts, flowers and embellish the way you want. I decided to make a circle and love heart.

Using rubber stamps I stamped mum and love (UK English - it is Mum not Mom - I have not made a mistake :) )

To create a nice lace pattern on the little love hearts, I used a lace ribbon and rolled over to make an impression in soft clay. Let the clay shapes dry for at least 24 hours - don't bake or use heat they need to dry naturally or they will crack

When dry, glue your embellishments on the flower pots and plant your plants!

Here you have a perfect mother's day gift on a budget but extra special as you made it yourself! This can be an idea for teacher's gift, gift for your friends, neighbours etc - spread the love!

• Terracotta Plant pots
  • Chalk Paint
  • Contact Adhesive (or any superglue)
From Evija with Love