Tube TV Turned Dog House

While out at garage sales the other day, I came across one of those retro TVs. You know, the ones that weigh about 200 lbs?
There was one for sale for a whopping $3.
The person running the sale saw me looking at it and told me I could just have it if I would haul it away. Of course I can never turn away anything for free.
So off I drove with the back half of my SUV dragging about a foot lower than the front.
Now I had big plans for this guy, but I can assure you my hubby wasn't seeing it. All he saw was this albatross taking up room in his precious garage. I knew I needed to get to work on this ASAP so I wouldn't have to hear any more nagging.
First came the gutting process. I left this part up to my beloved. I had heard horror stories about removing the old tubes because of stored electrical current.
By the grace of God, all of his appendages stayed intact during this process.
I kept poking my head out in the garage every couple of minutes just to make sure he wasn't lying on the ground twitching.
Once the guts were out, I started cleaning off all of the filth.
I removed the handles and started painting this beast with the first of two coats (plus a few touch ups) of Plaster Paint in Ivory Lace. I used Plaster Paint because it is non-toxic, and in case a pup decided to chew on his bed, I wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause any health problems.
My three rescue dogs live very pampered lives now!
I then gave it a light sanding and coated it in a clear wax.
Topher cut out a board for the back, and I painted it the same white. I then layered on three strips of chevron Frog Tape and painted over the whole board with a hot pink. I then removed the tape which allowed the white to show through.
I used the same hot pink to paint the handles.
I used some scrap material I had to make the curtains and the green inserts.
I picked-up a soft dog pillow and laid it inside.
To see the end result click on the link down below!

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Shanna Gilbert

• Becky Partain

Adorable!!!
  • Lolita

Building a dog house yourself is one of the smartest investments you’ll ever make.

Not only will you have a far more attractive place for your dog to stay, you can feel proud in the knowledge that you built your best friends home with your own two hands. Click here to check out some insulated dog house plans that are cheap.

I highly recommend these. They helped me put up a dog house in my garden rather quickly — and they're insulated too!