Shelly L Nemeth
Shelly L Nemeth
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Gilbert, AZ

Bunny Topiary

$20

I saw this idea from ChicOnTheCheap and thought it was just so fun and looked amazing. It's perfect for the Easter season and is great for your holiday decor, so I wanted to try my hand at it too!

Okay, here we go!

bunny topiary

You can get all the items you'll need, at the Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby.

bunny topiary

First, remove the ears form the bunny face. (they snapped right off!) And remove the tinsel from them- don't throw that out though, I can see a pumpkin in the making come Fall!

bunny topiary

Then take the two large clear bowls and glue the rims together with some e6000, now you have a (not so round) ball!

bunny topiary

Then just let this dry.

bunny topiary

Then do the same thing with the 2 white bowls- ball

bunny topiary

The white ball will serve as the bunny head, you'll then want to put some floral foam at the top of this ball. It will help to stick the the ears back on. Tip: just push the foam around the bowl and it will give you the impression, then remove and cut to fit.

bunny topiary

Glue it to the top of the ball.

bunny topiary

Then push the ears into the foam, and use e6000 and/or hot glue to make sure it is 100% secure.

bunny topiary

Then glue the smaller ball (with the ears!) onto the larger ball. This will be the bunny body. Tip: you can also add some tape around the bowls if your in a hurry, to keep them together if its not 100% dry. E6000 holds great but it does need dry time!

bunny topiary

Once the whole body is put together, take it outside and spray paint it green. This way, if you miss any spots with the moss, you wont see the bowls beneath it.

bunny topiary

The next step is a bit time consuming. Grab your moss and break it up. Do this in a shoe box, it'll avoid a big mess.

bunny topiary

Then you can set it on the pot and begin gluing on the moss. This took me about an hour and a half.

bunny topiary

Once all the moss is on, spray it with an adhesive and let it dry.

bunny topiary

Then, to add a finishing touch, I added a sweet bow. It's done, and I love it.

bunny topiary

You may want to fill the pot with rocks to weigh it down. This way if you put these outside, they wont blow over. Feel free to take a look at my Facebook page to see more projects I've made! (link below)

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/groups/148871301967379/

• Donnie

It looks as though you trimmed the bowls used for the head?

• Wandy Roman

Any tutorials for bows?

• Carole Fogelstrom

I'm having a big problem with the moss and spray adhesive. Scotch Support 77 and also used Krylon easy-tack. I only found reindeer moss and it is moist. Moss is not sticking. Suggestions. Have even tried to dehydrate the moss which helped a bit but not completely. Suggestions?