Live Edge Table

$5

My wife has been requesting this one for a while, so when the neighbor had a tree fall across their driveway, I finally made that table for the wife😉

live edge table

First step was cutting the tree up to get it off the driveway.

live edge table

I cut one 6’ chunk then cut it down the middle so I’d have a piece to work with.

live edge table

Once I got it home, I did my best to cut a straight chunk out of it!

live edge table

I used chisels and a straight draw to get debark the slab. Next, I cleaned up the slab.

live edge table

I took a dewalt hand planer to both sides until it was level and then I sanded it to 120. All clean and ready to go!

I then applied a few coats of poly to give it a real nice shine. I then attached some hair pin legs.

live edge table

And it was ready! This piece of wood was wet and will move as it dries but since it’s just for us, I’m ok with that🤗 Happy wife, and it looks awesome! Hope you like it!

• Ann Alt

where do you find the premade bent metal legs--are they available at the traditional national stores like Home Depot Menards Lowes.. etc?

• Vickie Langley

Since it's wet wood, will sap or moisture make rough spots on the poly? What's the best way to dry wood if you have no kiln or oven? Thank you

• Sawdust & Whiskey

After making this one, I started letting wood air dry before using it. I even bought a moisture tester but it takes about a year and inch to get dry enough to make nice furniture.

• Kim

Where can live wood edge tabletops be purchased? I live in the desert- no huge trees to cut down!:)