My New Decks

I did both decks myself and this was my first time doing it...The back deck had the existing floor deck, I just removed the old railings and replaced them with pretreated wood ballisters, railings and posts. All my materials came from Lowes Home Improvement Store. The front deck I started from scratch. All of that was replaced with the same pretreated wood as the back deck. I used the lattice that I had from the existing deck, instead of buying new. I used an epoxy white spray paint and repainted the lattice. Most of the pretreated wood was dry when I bought it, so I decided to stain it Chestnut Brown.
My Back Deck
My front deck

• Nancy S

Thanks Penny...its simple, nothing fancy like what I've been seeing on facebook.

• Suzanne

Beautiful job! I'm trying to figure how to get out of my back door without immediately stepping down 3 steps. Great idea. Note: You might want to remove the grass where the small plantings are, keep the plantings, put some dark wood chips...that with your little lights would look nice I think. I hate those small mowing/trimming jobs.