How do I make a natural weed killer?

+4

I live on a natural waterway brook and do not want to use pesticides on my rocks but the weeds are killling me. Is there a way to make a natural weed killer that? really works

• William William on Mar 09, 2019

I use one cup of salt, one cup of vinegar to two gallons of water in a garden sprayer. Saturate the weeds till dripping. The object is to get at the roots. Lasted with no weeds for three years in my gravel walk. Don not use on lawn. Will kill the grass.

• Rainy Rainy on Mar 09, 2019

Mix 1 gallon of cleaning vinegar, which can be purchased at many grocery stores, with Two cups if Epsom salts and 1/4 cup of original Dawn dishwashing detergent. Spray on the leaves of weeds. You may need a second application in a week or so. I have found it to work very well.

• Lady Lady on Mar 10, 2019

Can it be use on weeds throughout the grass and not killing grass?

• Absolutely! Here is what I use. Boiling water. Epsom salt followed by boiling water. Vinegar. Plain old vinegar. Easy, quick, simple and environmentally friendly. For your rocks, fill a pump sprayer with vinegar and spray away. Best done after morning dew has dried. Vinegar is cheap and water soluble. I purchase at big box warehouse or restaurant supply. Less than $2 a gallon.

• Hi Lorraine - This is the most effective all-natural weed killer DIY that we use. It's even been featured on Hometalk! Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/weed-killer/