Garden Shovel Wreath

$30

Spring is in the air! Well hopefully soon, and I created this pretty wreath to bring in the new season. Check it out!

garden shovel wreath

I picked up some cute little buckets and a shovel. You can get them from the home and garden shop.

garden shovel wreath

You’ll need these self tap metal screws to apply your buckets to the wood shovel handle.

garden shovel wreath

Find your desired location on the handle, and screw your buckets on using the self tap screws and screwdriver.

garden shovel wreath

Now cut your floral foam to fit inside the buckets and glue them in.

garden shovel wreath

Then, with the ribbon of your choice, make two bows. I used this great floral print!

garden shovel wreath

Then I gathered some pretty flowers and sprigs that I wanted to put inside the buckets.

garden shovel wreath

Then I pushed the flowers into the foam.

garden shovel wreath

I filled up the buckets and added the bow to each of the buckets. I had each of the buckets go in different directions to balance it out.

garden shovel wreath

You can see how the top is more right focused and the bottom is more left. I think it came out great! Then I just used a wreath hook to hold it on the door.

garden shovel wreath

I love the way it came out and hopefully this inspires you to use some unique materials to make something different for your home. Happy Spring!

• Carole

This is a really cute project! From the picture it looks like it would move and bang a lot whenever the door is opened or closed. Is this a problem?

• Sandra

I think some self stick felt would be good on the back. I put that on all my wreaths.

• Pat jasper

Where did you get the shovel with the wooden shaft? Your link to the shovel is for fiberglass.

• R Walter

They have them at the 99cent store. Just saw them yesterday. Hope you have one near you.

• Katen

Thank you. I am so sick and tired of wreaths on front doors. I’m wondering if a kids shovel would work? Smaller and lighter and typically with wood shaft. Someone else posted about sliding on door in wind and use. I just put the soft side of self stick Velcro on the back of anything I’m hanging and have yet to have problems.

• Sherry

Yes this really excites me because it’s different. Great housewarming gift. It would be so cute hanging on side of a tree in your patio/garden area. Thanks for you great idea. Send us some more!

• M.A. White

Super super cute!! I’m gonna try it. Thanks for the clever project! 🙏🏻❣️