Painted Kitchen Windowsill

$45

The Little Lake Cottage - Painted Windowsill DIY

Looking to add an unexpected pop of color to any room in your house? Here is our super easy, fun DIY, that added an unexpected pop of color to our space.

I searched for awhile for the perfect blue and landed on a beautiful turqoise by Benjamin Moore called Wythe Blue. I love the color, its so refreshing and adds serious coastal vibes to the kitchen.

Paint Like A Pro

Here is a few tips and tricks to paint a room like a pro. In addition to those tips, here is my personal experience and suggestions for the Cabinet Enamel Paint...

Instructions and Advice

• Wipe down the surface you want to paint and allow time to dry.
  • Use a pieces of sand paper to sand any existinghigh spots.
  • Tape off your space.
  • Allow time to dry in between coats.
  • Work quickly and consistently with the paint. We noticed the paint started to dry quickly in the brush. So it was important to keep the project going so the brush didn't get clogged up
  • If you are painting over an existing semi-gloss or glossed surface, realize that the paint will behave differently then paint on an unfinished surface.
  • Our project required two coats, darker finishes may require additional coats.

Still here?! We should connect! Find me on Pinterest by searching The Little Lake Cottage in the search bar. Or join our email list!!! Stay up to date on the latest and greatest from The Little Lake Cottage. If you are interested, please click on this link here, and sign up today!

Feel free to ask any additional questions too! Leave a comment or question below! I would love to hear from you!!!

Cheers! Lauren - The Little Lake Cottage

painted kitchen windowsill

Finished Project, Wythe Blue painted windowsill.

painted kitchen windowsill

DIY in progress, Valspar Cabinet Enamel Paint.

painted kitchen windowsill
painted kitchen windowsill

Before windowsill was painted.

painted kitchen windowsill

Finished Project

Lauren - The Little Lake Cottage

• Sarah Testa Rvt

Love it! Really love the color of the cabinets. Do you what kind of cabinets and color these are? Looking to remodel our kitchen and this would look great

• Georgia

The cabinets look to be Maple. Home Depot, Lowe's, and any cabinet company in your area will carry similar versions of these.

• Kay

This would work well on PVC window frames I'm guessing?

• Kay

Thanks for your reply.. a friend suggested a latex paint but I'll ask professionally

• Martin M

Is that back splash a set or were the pieces individually selected?

• Susan Kennedy

Amazing difference - just beautiful! So fresh and different, especially with the perfect pop of red. I love it!

• Kay

Amazing how much it freshens up the space, the color is gorgeous!