How can I repurpose a cracked crock pot?

+4

I have a crock pot that leaks when I cook so I’ve decided to stop cooking with it. Any ideas on repurposing it? I thought about a flower pot.

q repurpose
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Mar 11, 2019

Nik....Must be a crack if it is leaking so add rock to bottom and good soil and plant away!

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Mar 11, 2019

Oh I agree with your idea I think we make a charming planter. It’s a black color will make a nice contrast for colorful blossoms or green foliage

• Mlle LaFleur Mlle LaFleur on Mar 11, 2019

A little crack in the bottom will not provide adequate drainage for a living plant. Place it in a very sturdy bag and smash it with a hammer. The pieces can then be used in the bottom of a plant pot to add necessary drainage for a new plant.

• William William on Mar 12, 2019

How about a fairy garden.

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=fairy%20garden

• Deborahglassman Deborahglassman on Mar 12, 2019

My favorite thing is to plant something a little too tender for outside year round, in a pot like that. Put it out during the growing season, bring it back in when it gets cold. If the pot cracks further not much of a loss, and you just pick your bulbs or plant material out carefully and put them in something that looks good inside. Basically the pot is its home away from home when it is an outside plant, and you re-pot it when it comes back in.