How can you clean a burnt on skillet?

+4

What stuff do you use?

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Mar 13, 2019

It will depend on the skillet composition. If it is non stick, you will need to scrub with a sponge that is safe for this type of material. I would suggest a scrub daddy and blue Dawn. If it's the outside or non stick, you can use an SOS pad to scrub.

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Mar 13, 2019

If on inside, put some water in skillet with some powder dishwasher soap, bring to boil for about 2 min. Cover, let sit for 1 half hour. Pour out water, wipe out. Outside SOS pad.

• Leah Leah on Mar 13, 2019

Try putting one half cup salt and water. Bring to boil. Shut off. Let set over night. Scrub with dobie.

• Henriette Hall Henriette Hall on Mar 13, 2019

I use 1/2 cup baking soda and water--bring to boil for about 2 minutes--cut off--let cool--most of the burned will rise to the top--wash as usual.

To 1/2 cup baking soda--use 3 to 4 cups water......

• Hi Ruth - This is a great tutorial on how to clean, season, and care for cast iron skillets. Hope it helps! Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/cast-iron/

• Jody B Nash Jody B Nash on Mar 14, 2019

The dishwasher detergent and hot water works for me.