Asked on Mar 14, 2019

How can you get rid of urine smell from a home?

GailJerriJanet Jaxon Atlanta GA
+16

My dad is on home Hospice tried about everything on the market.. Thank You

• Kelli L. Milligan
    Kelli L. Milligan

Try Natures miracle, sold in pet shops. Sorry for you and your dad. Hosparus is wonderful.

• Dina
      Dina

Sorry for chiming in a bit late to the discussion, but I really feel like I need to add my 2 cents.

Cats don't just pee on floors and beds because they're in pain - could be a multitude of other reasons! Most common is that male cats feel the need to mark their territory.

As for myself, I finally found something that works for the cat pee smell in my home! A herbal mixture of sorts! I now recommend it to everyone because it works so freakin' well and we save SOO much money!

You should definitely check it out, we don't even buy Odorban and the likes any longer :)

What a relief to finally have gotten rid of the horrible cat pee smell, and for a decent price as well.

Registered an account only to say this:

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked.

He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at. It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior. Now my house doesn't smell like a litter box anymore :)

To be honest, I don't know too much more about it so I did a quick Google search and here's a description of the spray with a long review as well.

No I have not been paid for this post nor do I make any commissions off of it. I really just want to help you guys out. I hope you don't mind.

I'm based in Sweden, by the way, so you should be able to get it too.

Good luck with the odor! It really lowers your quality of life, doesn't it?

• Cindy
    Cindy

Hi Kathleen. Put a couple pieces of charcoal on a plate and put it in the room that smells worse. This is the same charcoal you use to BBQ with. You can make several plates like this and place them around your house.

• Lisa
      Lisa

Training your dog is the only long-term solution, OP.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. The same goes for all the nasty urine.

All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of.

• Dolores Janevero
    Dolores Janevero

Charcoal great solution . I keep it in refrigerater. It does work .I also also use crystals .EITHher Dawn or p urex. Place in small container around area. It will Absorb orders . I have a simular situation..Keep strong.

• Kathleen Cooper Thompson
      Kathleen Cooper Thompson

Dolores I hope everything is well with you & Your Family. Were you Talking about the Purex Laundry Crystals? Staying Strong on this end & Holding Faith. Have you & your family in My Prayers for what ever your situation is. God Bless

• Carolyn Morris
    Carolyn Morris

Use vinegar on the area. (White or clear vinegar)

• Pam G Blaxton-Dowd
    Pam G Blaxton-Dowd

Club soda works. After gently scrubbing into affected area, let sit a few minutes. Then, use shampooer with vinegar water to clean up any sticky residue. It worked with a puppy years ago. No more stain or smell.

• Jody B Nash
    Jody B Nash

When I worked in a nursing home, we used a product called "Seabreeze" original. It is the only thing we've found that takes the urine smell out of plastic/vinyl like mattress covers and wheelchairs. Wipe it on and allow it to air dry. There are products made to take urine odor and stains on carpet and fabrics. They are made for pet stains, but work on any urine. Open the windows whenever you can. Place a box about 2 x 2 ft under his bed and fill it half full of charcoal. Charcoal absorbs odors. This trick is used in hospitals. Hope this helps.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sea-Breeze-32-ounce-Astringent-For-Skin-Scalp-and-Nails/392922856?athcpid=392922856&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=a2f6d96a-d6b-1697d5ce296f17&athena=true

• Janet Jaxon Atlanta GA
    Janet Jaxon Atlanta GA

I use a fresh bar of deodorant soap this will eliminate odors and give the room or area a fresh smell. After a day or two you have your room smelling good, you can still use the soap for taking a bath or shower. Have fun.

• Jerri
    Jerri

Go to petsmart or Petco that all stuff to get urine out of your rugs and floors

• Gail
    Gail

Try Fabulosa in lavender scent. I use this to wash rugs & pet bedding an incontinent pet uses. It cleans & gets rid of smells as well as being low sudsing in washer.