Easy Melt & Pour Soap Recipes: Peppermint & Cedarwood Goat's Milk Soap

$25

I’ve been having so much fun making different varieties of easy DIY homemade melt and pour soaps and am sharing with you my newest scent - peppermint & cedarwood melt & pour goat's milk soap. If you’ve never tried making your own melt and pour soap making, you’ll be shocked at how easy it is. You can use natural and organic soap bases so you know you are making toxic free soap. These make absolutely wonderful gifts!

easy melt pour soap recipes peppermint cedarwood goat s milk soap

What You’ll Need to Make this Easy Easy Melt & Pour Soap Recipe of Peppermint & Cedarwood Goat's Milk:

• 2 lb block of Goat’s Milk soap base
  • Silicone Mold   for 12 bars
  • Peppermint Essential Oil   
  • Cedarwood Essential Oil
  • Red Jojoba beads that I ordered on Etsy. 
  • Gold mica powder
  • Microwave Safe Glass Measuring Cup w/ Spout (having 2 on hand is easier for this recipe)
  • small spray bottle filled with isopropyl alcohol
  • Decorative tape, raffia, burlap, and/or ribbon and be sure to get your free soap labels below!

This is enough to make 12 bars

Start by cutting up the goat's milk soap into smaller cubes and placing them in your microwave safe glass measuring cup. My Pyrex cup can only hold one pound of soap at a time – (half of what you ordred) which is enough to make 12 bars total.

When your soap is cut into cubes, place in the microwave for (3) 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval. You may need a 4th time, depending on how full your cup is of soap. Just be sure the soap is completely melted.

Then add 20 drops of Texas Cedarwood essential oil and stir well.

Then add 20 drops of Peppermint essential oil and stir well.

Now for a bit of sparkle and texture, add 1 teaspoon of gold mica powder...

...and one tablespoon of red jojoba beads. Stir well.

Fill the rest of the soap mold cavities with the goats milk soap layer.

If you notice any bubbles on the top after pouring, you can give it a quick spray of isopropyl alcohol and the bubbles disappear. That ensures a nice smooth bottom to your soap.

Let the bars full cool before attempting to pop them out of the mold. I’d wait a few hours.

I also have FREE printable soap labels that you can print and give these as gifts! Just fill out the form over here and you can grab them in your inbox and print!

If you are looking for more melt and pour soap ideas – check out this other easy tutorial I have for you:

Easy Melt & Pour Lavender Soap

Maura White

• Jean Dunn

What an easy recipe, will definitely get my ideas going. But have a couple questions,

1. Does this soap have to sit 6-8 weeks before use?

2. Can you add beach sand to it?

Thanks.😉

• Maura White

I don't know of any reason why it needs to sit 6-8 weeks - and if you want some beach sand as an exfoliant - go for it. ;)

• Nellie

Can you use different kinds of oils, different scents ?

• Maura White

Absolutely - that's what makes melt and pour soap making so much fun! I actually have an e-book full of recipes - just click over to my blog and download the free soap labels and a special discount will show up for the ebook if you are interested!

• Linda C

Making poured soaps is on my bucket list. I have always thought I would make the glycerin ones, though.

Any suggestions?