Easy Spring Wreath: Front Door Decor

$15

Nothing says Spring is coming like the riot of colors you can find in the floral section of the craft store – today I’m making an easy Spring wreath perfect for your front door!

easy spring wreath front door decor

I am a fabric hoarder and proud of it! There are so many amazing colors and patterns and the possibilities for creating gorgeous projects are endless.

Even for those of us (like me!) who are new to sewing. I grabbed my Cricut Rotary Cutter, Cutting Ruler and Self Healing Mat to create this quick (and easy!) spring wreath and you can easily customize it for any color scheme of season!

easy spring wreath front door decor

Here are the supplies you will need:

• Cricut Self Healing Mat
  • Cricut 60mm Rotary Cutter
  • Cricut Cutting Ruler
  • Cricut EasyPress and Mat or iron
  • fabric
  • foam wreath
  • liquid glue
  • scissors
  • hot glue gun
  • faux flowers
  • wire cutter
  • fishing line
  • faux greenery wreath (optional)
easy spring wreath front door decor

Step 1: Select your fabric and remove creases with Cricut EasyPress or iron. I started using my EasyPress for my regular ironing and have never looked back (you can find out why I love it here)!

easy spring wreath front door decor

Step 2: Gently fold your fabric in half, then in half again. Determine how wide you want to have your strips (I chose 2″) and line your fabric up with the grid on the Self Healing Mat. Use your Cutting Ruler to give you a straight edge, then use your Rotary Cutter to cut your strips. 

easy spring wreath front door decor

Step 3: Use liquid glue to adhere first strip to the back of the wreath. Wrap the strip around the wreath as many times as you can.

easy spring wreath front door decor

Step 4: Once you come to the end of the strip, adhere to the back of the wreath (you may have to trim off the excess). Repeat until the wreath is covered.

easy spring wreath front door decor

Step 5: Trim the faux flower stems with your wire cutter. Cut them as close to the base of the flower as you can.

easy spring wreath front door decor

Step 6: Loosely arrange the flowers around your wreath to give you an idea of the finished project – then use a hot glue gun to adhere them.

easy spring wreath front door decor

And voila! With just some strips of fabric and some fake flowers, you can easily create your own Spring Wreath!

To get more project inspiration for your home and to learn more about the products used in this project, stop by my blog!

Beth Kingston

• Jan piner

Thank you for sharing Beth.

I noticed the Amazon link for the greenery wreath. Which one? Do u fasten them together? Thx Jan

• Beth Kingston

Hey Jan! Looks like those are HomeTalk's links...I actually got mine at Home Goods! I wrapped them together with fishing line and it worked perfectly!