ICUO ~ Uncle Buck Strikes It Rich! :)

A friend of ours, that the kids call Uncle Buck, saw this on the side of the road and said he instantly thought of me. I'm a lucky lady I guess, lol. When I saw it I thought it was cute, but seemed like a lot of work. (one day i'll be able to afford at least one piece of furniture that comes completely finished!!) Anyway, it worked out well, because I needed a new desk and with a little elbow grease, some paint and new hardware I made this poor little guy look like he's ready for anything.
This is what the poor fellow looked like when I brought it home.
I sanded everything down, and painted the drawers first in Navajo White - satin finish. The blue on the inside of the drawers makes me smile every time I open them :)
It got to hot and Humid outside I brought it inside to finish painting... and yes, right in my living room on the coffee table! It was to hot to paint outside and then it rained for 2 days and I didn't want to wait.
Stained the top in Antique Walnut and added bronze cup handles. I might have gotten a little light headed from the polyurethane but I survived! :D
Gave it 3 coats of polyurethane and Voila! He's done and looking so much better!
Now to finish up my office and put this little beauty to work :) .... hmmm, now I need a new chair!!

30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters