Wicker Bike Basket Storage Hack

$73

Lacking towel storage in the bathroom?

Here’s an easy, super quick hack to make your bathroom practical and stylish!

There wasn’t a great deal of storage in my bathroom for towels, and I’d been looking for an alternative for a little while.

One day whilst out shopping at (Kmart) I spotted a cute wicker type basket sitting on its own in a trolley. I read the label and discovered it was a wicker bike basket. It had a great look about it , particularly the leather look buckle straps that were attached. I didn’t buy it, but I kept thinking about it and wanted to use it in someway.

Then I had a light bulb moment! I had recently purchased a bamboo decorative ladder from Kmart and had been intending to use it.

Bamboo Ladder

So I measured the distance between rungs and looked up the bike basket measurements online. I couldn’t believe they were a perfect fit!! Not only that I knew it would be easy to attach the baskets as they came with the leather look buckle straps.

I decided to buy four, even though I knew you could fit five in there! You wouldn’t see the fifth one due to the bathtub- no point spending the extra money.

Tools and Materials

• Bamboo ladder
  • 4 wicker baskets
  • 8 leather look buckle straps (or you could upcycle some old belts)

Stabilize the Baskets

Stabilize the Baskets

To stabilize the baskets so that they wouldn’t tip forward I moved the straps lower towards the center of the basket.

Add Buckle Straps

Add Buckle Straps

It was also important for the buckle straps to be on the right hole so that the bottom of the basket would sit snugly on the rung below. So the second last hole was used.

Hang and Enjoy

Hang and Enjoy

I then rolled towels and placed them inside the baskets.

If you’re wanting to make this and your baskets don’t have buckle straps you can easily find them at haberdashery stores or even use small dog collars!

DIY Bathroom Storage

So happy with the outcome- practical and stylish!

DIY Bathroom Towel Storage

I chose to fill mine with towels. What will you fill yours with?

13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners

• Gabrielle Falk

I agree. We have a tiny bathroom (circa. 1955). (Sydney, Australia). Which was very typical of that era. With a small vanity. I don't know if I'd be able to get it in the bathroom; but I like the idea for the bedroom, kitchen - anywhere you need attractive storage.

• Michelle | lookwhat_i_found

Yes it’s perfect for a lot of areas in the house particularly if you have small spaces.