Wicker Bike Basket Storage Hack

$73

Lacking towel storage in the bathroom?

Here’s an easy , super quick hack to make your bathroom practical and stylish!

There wasn’t a great deal of storage in my bathroom for towels, and I’d been looking for an alternative for a little while.

One day whilst out shopping at (Kmart) I spotted a cute wicker type basket sitting on its own in a trolley. I read the label and discovered it was a wicker bike basket.

It had a great look about it , particularly the leather look buckle straps that were attached.

I didn’t buy it , instead kept thinking about it and wanted to use it in someway.

Then I had a light bulb moment!

I had recently purchased a bamboo decorative ladder from Kmart and had been intending to use it.

wicker bike basket storage hack

So I measured the distance between rungs and looked up the bike basket measurements online. I couldn’t believe they were a perfect fit!! Not only that I knew it would be easy to attach the baskets as they came with the leather look buckle straps.

I decided to buy four , even though I knew you could fit five in there! You wouldn’t see the fifth one due to the bathtub- no point spending the extra money.

wicker bike basket storage hack

To stabilise the baskets so that they wouldn’t tip forward I moved the straps lower towards the centre of the basket.

wicker bike basket storage hack

It was also important for the buckle straps to be on the right hole so that the bottom of the basket would sit snugly on the rung below. So the second last hole was used.

wicker bike basket storage hack

I then rolled towels and placed them inside the baskets.

If you’re wanting to make this and your baskets don’t have buckle straps you can easily find them at haberdashery stores or even use small dog collars!

wicker bike basket storage hack

So happy with the outcome- practical and stylish!

wicker bike basket storage hack

• Colleen Flaherty Hocking

Does this function okay without attaching the ladder to the wall?

• Angela

This seems expensive to do so my question is how much did this project cost? I estimated about $150-$175 with ladder, baskets & belts!!

• Michelle | lookwhat_i_found

It cost around $70 to make.

The straps came with the baskets- $12 each - I used four and the ladder was $25.

Not overly expensive.😊

• MaryAnn

No picture of the finished project? At least not on my screen....Please comment.....

• Felicia Turner

I'm thinking that this could also work with oval shaped wicker baskets from Hobby Lobby, Michael's, or Joann's and possibly a home crafted ladder

• Felicia Turner

I'm going try this. Thanks for posting