Gail Wilson
Gail Wilson
  • Grover, NC

Deck and Island Gardens From Grover, NC

Cooling down our deck with hot colors. It took a free standing screen canopy, colorful umbrellas, blooming patio rug, lush ferns, pots of flowers to now have a welcoming place for friends and family.
decks garden north carolina backyard, decks, flowers, landscape, outdoor furniture, outdoor living
A potted hosta for a beautiful focal point. A comfy porch swing to add more color with repurposed fabric shower curtains. To finish the look I used swing cushions and a waterproof throw pillow. It is an outdoor room with a view!
The glorious crepe myrtles put on their color show and the whole deck began to bloom. What a pretty place to have coffee/tea or reflect on the day.
Our Kimmie is also a fan of the deck and gardens, she was watching the resident chip monk and the squirrels chasing each other
The tiger lilies around the fountain jump out and say hi as you climb the steps to the deck.
A little closer look at the tigers. Look closer you can see the pink phlox blooming as well.
Down below the deck are the back gardens. I have been adding to the gardens for over 28 years now. I can say I really love what they grew up to be!
A view of the island right below the deck
The back side of the center island. As you can see the rose of sharon, magnolia and purple plums are really colorful.
This is the point of view that keeps me focused on relaxation and meditation. The purple plums add shade and color and even fruit in the spring. They were about 20" tall when I planted them.
Looking into the island for a different point of view. This is the largest of the islands of I have.
The old building was cut into 4 sections, brought home and reassembled. It is now used as the garden shed. The seating areas are well placed for conversation and watching the wildlife.
The front of the house has a wonderful show with the peonies, late blooming azalea, creeping myrtle and hosta all surrounding the southeastern redbud.
There were no trees or flowers when I bought the place. This was the first island I created so I could see something beautiful from the door . I also added a flowering cherry tree, a south eastern redbud, a bradford pear and a beautiful flowering ruby crab apple tree.
This is the side island. It is filled with azaleas, dogwoods spice bushes and red hot pokers.