The Power of Paint

$40

We love wine and gin in our house. So much so, we have lots of beautiful glasses for all occasions.

I purchased this unit on eBay, although after the difficult job of putting it together I decided it didn't really fit with the decor.

It looked rather med-evil.

the power of paint
Before paint
Before paint

I had a few left over handles from Laura Ashley in a shabby chic floral pattern and some left over great paint.

My kitchen is a shade of grey so I thought I'd give it a go.

It is a very porous wood so I gave it a quick wipe down and it was ready.

Spare habdles
Spare habdles

I opted for the bottom one when I replaced the handle.

the power of paint

Once dry I stared painting. I did a few layers all over and then a few extra layers on areas I knew would get lots of use such as the front where the glasses stems hang, the shelfs and where the bottles go.

the power of paint

Once dry I replaced the handle.

Close up
Close up
the power of paint

If you know your going to paint a unit that comes flat packed I'd suggest painting it first.

I paint all the way into the bottle gaps, only the front.

(Wine will be in and out this unit, we drink it quicker then I can replace it) I didn't want scratches and chips in the paint looking in. It's hardly noticeable to us.

Finished!
Finished!

Although Frenchic paint lazy range doesn't need a top coat. I decided to still wax it.

I was worried that the soft wood would mean it would chip easier and wanted extra protection.

To be honest it doesn't hurt to protect it.

To see more: //www.frenchic.co.uk