Chas
Chas
  • Jacksonville, FL

Live Edge Desk

$250
1 Day

Hi Hometalk! Live edge tables are pretty on trend right now, and I'm feeling really proud of our recent project, check it out. I created this live edge desk paired with powder coated black legs. Complete with a matching keyboard slide!

live edge desk

We started off with this beautiful wood slab.

live edge desk

We then cleaned it, sanded it down and filled the holes with epoxy.

live edge desk

live edge desk

I then used Odies oil to seal it up. This kept its natural look and allowed the wood grain to shine through.

live edge desk

We decided to use these black powder coated metal legs. I love how they look in contrast to the natural wood.

live edge desk

Once we attached the legs, it was time to add in the best feature- the sliding keyboard tray.

live edge desk

We purchased a sliding keyboard hardware for the drawer.

live edge desk

And then I added a sweet wood slab as the drawer. We made sure to match the hardware on the underside of the desk to the legs.

live edge desk

Looking good!

live edge desk

And that is it! It looks so awesome.

live edge desk

I'm so proud of this beautiful desk!

live edge desk

Would you put this to good use? Let us know what you think in the comments below!

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/riggs_builds/

• Tina

I got very lucky- my father had gotten a half a trunk in slices from a local sawmill and got sick before he was able to use it. It sat in the garage for about 25 years when i decided it would be nice to make a desk and shelves out of. I used 3 pieces of curly maple and results are stunning!

• SavvyGal
    30 minutes ago

Absolutely Beautiful! Natural elements with metal what a wonderful combination. This would be a piece to use in a very modern/contemporary style home/office. Consider going commercial, it's that good!