DIY Fridge Liners

$14

Do you line your refrigerator? If not, you should give this idea a try.
I used to dread cleaning the refrigerator. My old routine was to remove all the food and then take out all the glass shelving and drawers.. I would then awkwardly wash the oversized pieces in the sink, dry them and then continue with the daunting task of figuring out where they went. Using liners, saves you from having to do this
diy fridge liners, appliances, cleaning tips
Vinyl place mats are cut to size to cover each glass shelf and line each bin.
I staggered two mats to achieve the depth I needed and simply joined them with packing tape on the back side.
I found these place mats at the dollar store. I love the black and white damask pattern.
Isn't she pretty! She looks so clean and uncluttered. I am almost tempted to not put the food back in ☺.
UPDATE: The shelves in our refrigerator are glass. There seems to be some debate about whether refrigerators with wire shelves should be lined, as it may possibly restrict air flow. I don't know whether this would be a problem or not. My guess is that cold air will still get everywhere it needs too, but I can't guarantee that to be the case.
Pieced Pastimes

• Bhe4305171

Why would the air flow change on a fridge with glass shelves?

• Jpo5020209

It won't change air flow for glass shelves. The concern was for wire shelves.

• Beverly Pendergrass

I bought placemats and they slide around in the fridge, I must be doing something wrong

• Bui30956139

Under the placemats, I used clear chopping mats (2 to a pack @ DollarTree). This way the placemats don't slide around

• Smo4778725

I put them in and my husband says the placemats stop the ventilation from the glass that is designed to let air flow. What do you think?

• Laura

Yes! I cleaned and organized the fridge after a two day power outage. Had to throw away everything! The idea of using plastic bins to contain like-food is great. The hardest part was the place mats until I read your instructions and cut and taped them to size. Looks great. Thanks.

• Jan Barrett Hobizal

Much easier and cheaper to buy the clear plastic at Wal-Mart that is.in the fabric.dept. For about 3.00 you can cover all your shelves and have left over for.other projects. (They also have.patterned) Cut to size. Pull in and out to clean. Such a time saver. I have done this for.years.