Faux Stained Glass Cabinet Technique

6 materials
$20

Grab some Elmer's glue and craft paint for this one of a kind cabinet update!

Check out the video for more how-to's!

I found this cabinet at a thrift store and it was a perfect size for our TV - but as you can see it didn’t hide the cords very well..

Instead of taking off the glass… I had an idea! 

Next, clean the glass.

First, remove the doors from the cabinet.

After that, grab your white glue and add about a tablespoon of black paint to it and mix it.

Following that, print out a pattern and tape it to the glass, & begin tracing!

Continue to move around the pattern and trace until your glass is covered! Let it dry overnight.

Next, pour some clear glue and into a muffin tin for separation.

After your tints are mixed -- you're ready to go!

Next, add a few drops of paint to the glue to create a tint! Be sure not to add too much paint so it's a little bit transparent.

Begin coloring in your faux lead lines!

Add another coat if necessary. Let the glass dry overnight & reattach to your cabinet!

And that's it! I love the way this looks on the cabinet - it gives it a one of a kind whimsical look!

You can personalize colors and trace any patterns to fit your style!

You can use this technique on any kind of glass -- from old windows to glass doors-- the possibilites are endless!

I hope this inspires you to try out this faux stained glass technique!

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 82 questions

Comments

2 of 257 comments
Next