Ikea Bunk Bed Hack

I posted forever ago about The Little’s Room Reveal and have left you guys hanging around for the deets on the bed. For just about a year. Nice, I know.
This is a daily email I get with questions about her bed, hopefully I will answer all of them!
We grabbed the MYDAL Bunk bed from Ikea for $159. It was just basically a box of precut lumber with predrilled holes.
I painted on a good coat of primer, then two solid coats of the aqua, with drying time between. I took her sheets to have them color matched and actually found one that matched up perfectly.
And I am IN LOVE with this color.
Let dry over night then dropped her mattress in, added the bedding then the curtains below.
We opted to not add a mattress at the bottom and let her have the play space. This was the only reason why we chose the bunk bed. Otherwise I would have picked something that was easier to make in the mornings ;)
I picked out curtains that I have used before and knew they would be perfect to trim because of the layered look. I grabbed two packages (4 panels total) and started measuring.
Using a tension rod on the head and foot of the bed, I added a panel each, then set the rod at the end of the slats.
I started with a tension rod across the front of the bed, but quickly realized that wouldn’t hold with her pulling it back and forth and climbing the stairs. I grabbed a shower curtain rod and a set of closest pole sockets.
Slide two panels on each end, then put shower curtain rod into place.
She loves her little place!
For more detailed instructions and my source list, head over to the blog!

Two Thirty~Five Designs

• Kathy Morris

What size is your mattress on the top? Thickness? It is an IKEA mattress?

• Jeanette Bowman

What the round circle lights on wall?

• Karen

Bed looks fabulous. We are going to try it for our grand daughter. How did your do the lights above the bed?

• Lady Anne

Oh, my! Every little girl's dream come true. I suppose it's too late to ask if you'd adopt me?
  • Carrie

Hi! I'd like information on the round lights too please!