Cheryl Phan
Cheryl Phan
  • Hometalk Helper
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Prints Charming

$200

Fresh Contemporary Wall design Makes a Statement

prints charming

Can you guess where the inspiration for the wall design came from ….

If you guessed the comforter, you’re right. When I’m looking for ideas, I look for patterns, colors, and texture. It might be in a picture, a rug or in the bedding. Sometimes it is right in front of you and you don’t even know it.

prints charming

I loved the pattern on this comforter and visualized how amazing it would look on the wall.

So, I took a picture of it and sent it into Faux Effects International, my go-to stencil experts and had a custom stencil made. They named it Ultra Link Set.

prints charming

Here’s how I created a custom wall finish

applied two skim coats of  Silver Taupe Luster Stone as my base.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product. It’s not only stunning it’s easy to work with.

Here’s a link showing you how to  apply Luster Stone

I used  Silver Metallic Set Coat for the stencil. Use a firm sponge roller. Roll your sponge roller in the paint covering it completely.

prints charming

Roll off most of the paint onto a paper towel. I know that sounds silly; why would you take the paint off? You’re not taking all the paint off, you are just offloading the excess. If you have to much paint on the roller it will bleed through the stencil. You want your pattern to have crisp lines.

prints charming

Before you start applying the paint to the stencil, make sure you line it up. There are little holes along the side of the stencil called returns. I used white chalk to mark them on the wall. The chalk is easily removed with a damp rag. If you don’t take the time to do this, your design may end up crooked. For more information on how to apply a stencil, go HERE.

prints charming

When applying the paint press lightly going over the area 2-3 times as needed.

If you like this stencil design and would like to use it on your wall, you can get it  HERE

Want to see more? Join me on  Pinterest.

prints charming

You don’t have to cover it completely. As you can see there are high and low areas on the design. I did this intentionally.

Are you following me on  Facebook and  Pinterest? If not, you are missing out on some fun DIY Projects. Hope to see you there.

Cheryl Phan

• Kay

Extreme creativity beautiful result

• Jacx

What a splendid idea! I love stencils, they allow "wallpaper" to be used but are super easy to change. Never thought to get a custom stencil made. LOVELY!