Make a Jaw Dropping Floral Swag

$25

The last swag I made was a lot of pale pinks for Valentine’s Day. I have enjoyed that one on my front door, but I was ready for a change. I considered Easter Lilies, but I was thought if I went with some different lilies, I could leave the swag up a little longer. It can be difficult to follow along the step by step adding of the flowers and foliage, so I have included a video for this one!

make a jaw dropping floral swag

I begin all of my swags with a block of styrofoam. This is a standard size that is about 2 inches by 4 inches by 12 inches.

make a jaw dropping floral swag

The first step to making your swag is to give yourself a hanger to hang it from the door where you will be displaying it. I like to use a paper wrapped wire. Push both ends of the wire through the foam, but DO NOT pull it all the way down tight agains the foam. If you do, it can cut right through the foam. 

make a jaw dropping floral swag

Cut a pipe cleaner in half. Bend each half into a little "M" or "W" shape.

make a jaw dropping floral swag

Take that squiggly piece of pipe cleaner and put it down beneath the wire and then you can pull the wire tight. That pipe cleaner will keep the wire from cutting through your foam. 

make a jaw dropping floral swag

Use the other half of the pipe cleaner on the back of your foam and then twist the ends of the wire and make a circle to hang your swag on a hook on your door.

make a jaw dropping floral swag

You can make a swag like this without a Steelpix machine, but it sure makes everything easier! The alternative is to use wood wired sticks. Prepare to begin making your swag by using wire cutters to cut the flowers and greenery you are going to use off of the bushes or stems they come on and then adding a steel pick or a wood wired stick to each piece. 

make a jaw dropping floral swag

Greenery and flowers are ready to use! 

make a jaw dropping floral swag

Time to start having fun and designing a beautiful floral swag for your front door! If you would like, you can just follow along on the video below or follow these steps. Begin with a few green leaves. 

make a jaw dropping floral swag

I usually start my swags with more greenery, but I really wanted these three lilies to be the stars of this swag and I didn’t want to waste greenery behind the lilies when it was not going to show at all. 

make a jaw dropping floral swag

After adding the lilies, I began shaping the swag with longer pieces of greenery to the bottom and some smaller pieces to the top. 

make a jaw dropping floral swag

Don’t overlook any of the foliage from the stems of flowers. For this swag I added lily leaves to coordinate with the lilies used in the swag.

make a jaw dropping floral swag

Time to add additional flowers! For length I selected white wisteria. You can add as many different flowers and whatever colors you would prefer for your swag.

make a jaw dropping floral swag

Almost finished! Incorporating more white blooms and some variegated A few more tweaks and the swag is ready to hang on the front door! 

make a jaw dropping floral swag

My door is decked for Spring with beautiful white lilies and yours can be too!  

Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)

• Jodie White

How much am I looking at budgeting for this project? It's absolutely beautiful.

• Cathy Waterstradt

I believe you can get just about everything you need here now at the dollar tree. They are great for having most of your craft supplies.

• Lisa

I'm gonna try this project. Any ideas for a summer look?

• JaBro
      20 hours ago

Asian lilies would work too, with some trailing bleeding hearts! I can’t wait to get started on this. Great gift idea too. Thank you! You are so talented.

• Debbie

what if you dont have a steel pick thing. can you just put them in. will it work that way