Our Crafty Mom
Our Crafty Mom
  • Weare, NH

Make A Pretty Mason Jar Succulent Planter For Easter

$10

Easter will be here before you know it, so today I will show you how to make a pretty mason jar succulent planter for Easter. You can personalize them as a sweet favor at each place setting, or even use them to line a window sill!

make a pretty mason jar succulent planter for easter

I’m combining two of my favorite things-mason jars and succulents. These mini mason jars are the perfect size to hold a large succulent. I was so anxious to try out the new Galaxy Glitter from DecoArt and thought little jars would be perfect! Everything is better with glitter, right? Let me show you what I used to paint these.

SUPPLIES
  • DecoArt Galaxy Glitter
  • DecoArt Chalky Finish Glass Paint
  • DecoArt Acrylic Paint Peacock Teal
  • DecoArt Acrylic Paint Sunny Day
  • DecoArt Acrylic Paint – Oyster Beige
  • Mini Mason Jars
  • Twine
  • Faux Succulents
  • Foam Brush

Start by adding two coats of the chalky finish paint for glass to each jar. Let each coat dry in between. Next, paint each jar with whatever color paint that you like. I used colors that coordinated with the galaxy glitter, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Pastel colors would be really cute for Easter too! 

Once the acrylic paint was dry, I added the galaxy glitter. You guys-this product is so cool! I love to use glitter-but hate the mess. This is so easy to control and you can layer it as heavy or as light as you like. For the little jars, I just went with a light coating to add a little sparkle.

Finally, add a twine bow to each and a small piece of foam to secure the succulent. These can be used in so many different ways. Wouldn’t they make cute Wedding favors?  

Our Crafty Mom

• Sheila

what kind of foam for the plant did you use? Do you water it?