Asked on Mar 20, 2019

How do I clean the warmer on a drip coffee maker?

Margaret RieseCynthia HLifestyles Homes
+6

The warming plate where my coffee pot sits gets so grungy with (burnt?) coffee build up, no amount of scrubbing

takes it off. I tried scraping one time and that was definitely wrong. I soaked with vinegar and that did not help. Please help! I hate looking at this crud!

• Ken Erickson
    Ken Erickson

Try something like CLR. It the coffee maker drips when you remove the pot, have a napkin or paper towel handy to soak up the drips. That will prevent stains.

• Kelli L. Milligan
    Kelli L. Milligan

I woild try oven cleaner.

• Lifestyles Homes
    Lifestyles Homes

You might try a SOS pad, but it will take off the finish on the burner too.

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Try a paste of baking soda and vinegar after it has cooled off completely. If it has burned on for awhile, it may take a couple of cleanings. Does it remove? It would be easier to clean it if it isn't permanently attached. I always look for a PDF owner's manual, too, since it often tells you how to keep it clean. Just go to the manufacturer's website.

• Margaret Riese
    Margaret Riese

How about that eraser you can buy I know Walmart has them. They are white eraser looking in the cleaning section. They work pretty good on everything. Good luck!!!!!