Becca B
Becca B
  • Orem, UT

Ballard Ottoman Knock Off- Outdated Ottoman rehab w/ Drop Cloth, Tufting Tutorial & No-Sew Tips

$20

I am 100% certain that I'm more stoked about this project than anyone else could be! See, Z and I are ottoman people. Some people are ottoman people. Others are coffee tables peeps. In theory I wish I could be the coffee table type- sporting an old railway cart as the centerpiece to my room. But it isn't practical for the way we live, especially while we're living in a small space.
When I sold our
ballard ottoman knock off outdated ottoman rehab w drop cloth tufting tutorial, painted furniture, reupholster
Rip off the old fabric
Rip off the old fabric
Keep the batting and the foam (if it's in good shape)
Supplies
Supplies
Use a peg board to mark out the spacing of the tufts
Use the length of the Drop Cloth to utilize the longest hemmed side
What the tufts look like before ironing
What the tufts look like before ironing
Wrap the length of drop cloth around the base and pin where the 2 sides meet. Make sure the prehemmed side is towards the ground

Also- I used "L" brackets to attach the top to the base
Wrap the length of drop cloth around the base and pin where the 2 sides meet. Make sure the prehemmed side is towards the ground Also- I used "L" brackets to attach the top to the base
I hand stitched the pinned side together, here you can see it turned out straight
finished shots in my space
finished shots in my space
Becca B

• Sally Bradley Zubyk

you keep mentioning the tutorial but I don't see a link?

• Jeannie

It is the last line in her beginning paragraph. You need to click on the 3 dots to open up her explanation.

• Nancy Lambert

Nice, great job. Thank you for the step by step on how to do this.

• KatAych

AWESOME!!! I just read a tutorial where a woman used this same pegboard method to make a tufted headboard!!! Genius. Never thought of doing it for an ottoman, but I might have to, now! Thanks so much.