Steve
Steve
  • Snellville, GA
Asked on Jun 25, 2012

Corner cabinet drawers, how to?

KMS WoodworksSteveDesigns by BSB
+3

Building my first set of cabinets for our bathroom. Wife decided she wants drawers in the corner cabinet. I have bought the Blum hardware with Blumotion and have figured the dimensions of the drawer. Anybody have experience with this? Can you give me some guidance, please?
  • KMS Woodworks

Are you thinking about the "space corner" type set up or more of a triangular drawer? http://www.blum.com/us/en/01/40/80/index.php a pair of center under mounts would work for a triangular drawer.

• Designs by BSB

if you have the drawers 45 angle from the others rather than a 90 like the specs KMS offered, it requires no special hardware! are you working with existing counter tops?

• Steve

I am making the space corner type drawers as shown on Blum's website. However, this is my first set of cabinets and the corner unit inner side walls are not exactly square. Just frustrated and a little confused. Thanks.

• KMS Woodworks

You can always add a "panel" and shim it square. If this cuts down on your drawer size a bit you can cover the gap with a wide drawer front.

• Steve

KMS, Thanks for the suggestion of adding panels and adjusting the width of the drawer to fit. Simple solution, I like it. Thanks to all for your comments. Headed out to my shop to get 'er done!

• KMS Woodworks

I hope to get down to my shop today too...I'm working on a walnut slab coffee table...