Farmhouse Birdhouses

$10

Spring is finally in the air! I had these sweet wooden bird houses sitting around, and today I decided to finally do something with them. I turn them into some sweet Spring decor! What's great about these is that you can do them with the kiddos too.

Gather some fun materials. Paint, twine/jute rope, and some glue. We are going to turn these little houses into sweet mini farmhouses.

I began with brushing on a coat of Warn Milk paint. I just didn't paint the trim.

Then let it dry...

Then I painted the roof and trim all in Steel Town Grey!

Let that dry for a minute, oh they look so adorable!

Then I grabbed the jute and glue gun, and lined the bottom edge of the birdhouse with it. It adds a farmhouse flair.

I did the same to the perch of the house.

Using the hot glue gun I added a few wood stands to each the bottoms.

Then using some sand paper to distress the edges randomly around the whole birdhouse. A little distressing for a vintage look.

And that's it, how cute!

They look so sweet with my Spring decor! Check out my Facebook Page, Gilbert Marketplace, for more projects!

Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!