Small Entryway Updates

My small entryway has been a huge challenge to decorate. There's a lot going on in this small space so everything in it not only has to be function, but has to look good as well. Never an easy task.
I did some updating when we moved in, like painting the door BM Blue Lake and adding "faux" molding on the inside of the plain, flat door.
Adding carpet squares, a bench and a DIY coat rack helps to keep this small space neat and tidy. We also capped the knee wall that separates the dining area from the entry. It was a green marble and we built a "cap" or cover out of wood and painted it the same color as the trim.
The walls were painted a light gray color, as was the white coat closet door, so it didn't compete with my Blue Lake front door.
I wanted to add a little something to the empty space above the coat rack and, after looking for just the right thing and not finding it, I decided to make my own art by framing maps of all the places we have lived as a family. The deer head was something I already had that got a little glam makeover.
Our storage bench is a total must-have in our small entryway and it also got an update with black paint and a cushy, upholstered seat, making it comfortable as well as functional.
To get all the details on how I achieved my entryway updates visit me at www.chatfieldcourt.com
Kristi @ Chatfield Court