Over the Rainbow Paper Terrarium

$15

This Spring themed decoration is the perfect terrarium for anyone that has a hard time keeping plants alive. Check out how I made it below.

over the rainbow paper terrarium

I am pretty good at keeping most of our house plants healthy, but if you have a hard time remembering to water: this DIY is for you. Have you ever tried air plants? They are very easy to keep alive. I just soak mine in water, for 20 minutes, once a month. Even when I forget to soak them they still stay alive!

over the rainbow paper terrarium

Supplies Needed:

• Glass container (mine is from a thrift store, I think it’s an old outdoor light shade)
  • Decorative sand
  • Air plant
  • My  cloud/trailer print out and  rainbow printout
  • Floral foam
  • Wire
  • Toothpicks
  • Hot glue
  • Moss
over the rainbow paper terrarium

Step 1:

Cut out a small piece of floral foam to fit at the base of your container. My foam was about an inch thick. Just short enough to hide under the sand.

over the rainbow paper terrarium

Step 2:

Pour in your sand.

over the rainbow paper terrarium

Cut out your  trailer, clouds, and  rainbow. I included multiple sizes for you, so you can choose what works best for your terrarium. Hot glue your clouds to a bit of wire and all the trailer and rainbow to toothpicks.

over the rainbow paper terrarium

Arrange the paper terrarium pieces in your container. I added a teensy bit of moss to sit around the trailer. Once you’re happy with how it looks, place your air plant. I made sure to place my air plant in a spot I can easily grab it for when I need to soak it in water.

Enjoy!

• Terrarium
  • Decorative sand
  • Air plant
The Paper Mama