How can I get rid of deer?

+8

I have tried many various methods to rid deer from our yard including Irish Spring Soap. They eat our hedges, plants, holly bushes, just about anything you can think of. My yard is becoming their dumping ground, also. It's horrible, you have to be careful where to walk. This past winter has been the worse. I don't want to work in my garden with the mess they leave. I need help. Any suggestions? Ground Hog will be around soon, too.

• Mogie Mogie on Mar 21, 2019

Supposedly deer can't stand the smell of human urine. Have you tried moth balls?

• See 1 previous
    • Lizbeth Lizbeth on Mar 23, 2019

Mothballs are poisonous so be careful if children or dogs live with you or visit.

• Oliva Oliva on Mar 21, 2019

Liquid Fence Concentrate Spray ( available at nurseries and landscape supply companies) works very well if you strictly follow the directions and application schedule. Apply on windless evening when no rain is expected for 5 hours.

• See 1 previous
    • Oliva Oliva on Mar 22, 2019

Hi, Sue,

I agree about the expense, but after losing thousands of dollars of landscaping, I saw no viable alternative. Spreading garlic and cayenne pepper after every rain became too taxing, and Irish Spring failed to deter the deer.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Mar 21, 2019

Deer poop is great organic compost add it to your garden beds

• See 1 previous

Just throw it in bucket mix with dirt then sprinkle on top of soil around plants; it is just plant based no proteins should not even have any smell or put in bucket add water let sit over night stir it up and water your plants with it(compost tea)

electric fence for deer & castor oil scented for groung hogs get the scented castor oil online or garden centers pour in around down their hole openings. motion sensor sprinklers for either