Painting The Fireplace White-A Before and After

Painting our fireplace white gave our master bedroom an instant update that was so easy!
Our fireplace was a red brick that I loved at the time that we build our master. But with time I felt like it was looking outdated.
Here's the before picture of our room. Dark paint, red brick fireplace. This picture won a Pottery Barn coziest spot contest, and although most comments were unbelievably encouraging. There was one comment that said it looked like our bed was in our living room!
Here's the after transformation! The room had great bones, and with a little Revere Pewter for the walls and a coat or two of White Dove on the fireplace and all the trim, it's truly my dream bedroom!
What do you think?

Kathy @The Daily Nest

• Kristin Gunnerson Pingree

Is your trim (baseboard, etc.) also Dove White? I want to paint our fireplace white. However, I'm not sure whether to use the same as our trim color on the crown molding & baseboard, or perhaps I ought to go with another whitish neutral so the trim still stands out a bit.

• Lien

Your room looks great! I plan to paint the walls of my living room revere pewter and love how your walls look with the white dove on the fireplace. What sheen did you use on the fireplace and trim? Thanks!

• Bonnie Beth Robbins

I'm interested in the board and batten on either side of the fireplace. This is exactly what I want to do in my family room. Do you have photos of the construction of the board and batten?

• Gretchen Mercer

You make me miss our last home. We had an early 50s home with a peachy colored brick fireplace...ugh! We painted it the lightest, creamiest white with a background color similar to yours. We lived there for 15 years, and that was my favorite area in the house. it is so pretty...so homey. I love painted brick. Your room is wonderful.

• Kathy @The Daily Nest

Hi! Yes everything is White Dove!