Sunny Dinning Set

$40
1 Day

Hi!

My son and his fiancée have just moved into their new apartment. They are both in college and they have 2 young children. Let's say they have other priorities than buying new furniture!

They had this very old dinning set ... I think it's even older than I am!

sunny dinning set

My daughter-in-law loves yellow, she is obsessed with this color!

I "stole" two of their chairs to make them look beautiful again. I only took two so they still have chairs to sit on!

I bought spray paint, yellow of course, and multicolored fabric for the seat.

post

I love this fabric for all its colors ... and its little funky look. It is very thick, resistant and above all, it is treated : a must with young children.

post

I removed the seat and sanded the structure of the chair with sandpaper 100 grit. I cleaned the structure with Lysol wipes.

I applied a few coats of Painter's Touch spray paint until the color was uniform.

post

I stapled the new fabric to the seat, taking care to tighten it. I did not remove the old vinyl, I thought it offered extra protection!

I finally screwed the seats back to their structures...

I love the result! A few hours of work, a few dollars and hop! A brand new set!

sunny dinning set

I'll share more pictures of the complete set.

Have a nice day!

Fab

P.S. The cost is for four chairs.

• June

Hi !! ,, I will be doing the same to my chairs. My question is. I need to replace the cushion and make it thicker. Age has taken over the softness. Can I just glue a new piece to the original or do I have to totally replace it ??

• Robyn Garner

Ask if they can cut the pieces for you. Take the measurements or (better!) a pattern with you. If you need to cut it yourself, use a large serrated knife like a bread knife. 😎

Guides to all things DIY with foam

https://www.foambymail.com/CUT.html

• Cheryl Pounds

I want to do this with an old decorative wooden chair. Thanks for the idea! Should I send the wood first??

• [re]FɄB19

Totally! I would also suggest chalk paint + wax on wood. :)

• Sonia Hernandez

You showed the beautiful "Happy'' chairs, but did you paint the table to match? You said above that you will share pictures of the completed project. I hope you post them soon!!

• Nancy

I covered the seats on a similar dinette, and I also left the original vinyl intact. When the seats got dirty, I took them outside and scrubbed them with some diluted laundry soap, hosed them off, and they dried in the sun in no time. Your makeover is adorable!

• Linda

Wow! Beautiful job, the chairs are so pretty and happy looking!