Sand Painted Glass Jars

$10

I have a ever growing collection of glass jars that I keep for crafty fun, ready to upcycle and make into something amazing. This time I got to use a few of my jars to make some cool colored jars that have sand out on the outside with the help of the NEW Mod Podge Ultra!

sand painted glass jars

I started out using jars that I have saved for a while, cleaned them up and made sure all the labels were removed. I also pulled out some Activa colored sand and vinyl to act as a mask.

sand painted glass jars

I used the vinyl to mask the jars. I had fun and made each jar pattern a bit different.

sand painted glass jars

I then sprayed the Mod Podge onto the open spaces of the glass jar and added the sand to those spaces one color at a time.

sand painted glass jars

I removed the vinyl after about 1 hour and let the jars set over night before adding the natural jute ribbon at the top. 

sand painted glass jars

You can use these jars for a ton of different uses such as a vase, votive, or even to hold your utensils for an out door party!

sand painted glass jars

So many different patterns can be made, and the colors of the sand can be anything you want from a single color to a full rainbow!

Pop on over to my  BLOG for a few extra tips and additional pictures about this project!

Erin Reed | Erin Reed Makes

• Wyldecent

These are really nice. Do you have any problems with the sand flaking off or cleaning them? Did you seal the sand with anything? I went to your blog page to see if this was discussed but got "Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist." with the link provided.