Sand Painted Glass Jars

$10

I have a ever growing collection of glass jars that I keep for crafty fun, ready to upcycle and make into something amazing. This time I got to use a few of my jars to make some cool colored jars that have sand out on the outside with the help of the NEW Mod Podge Ultra!

I started out using jars that I have saved for a while, cleaned them up and made sure all the labels were removed. I also pulled out some Activa colored sand and vinyl to act as a mask.

I used the vinyl to mask the jars. I had fun and made each jar pattern a bit different.

I then sprayed the Mod Podge onto the open spaces of the glass jar and added the sand to those spaces one color at a time.

I removed the vinyl after about 1 hour and let the jars set over night before adding the natural jute ribbon at the top. 

You can use these jars for a ton of different uses such as a vase, votive, or even to hold your utensils for an out door party!

So many different patterns can be made, and the colors of the sand can be anything you want from a single color to a full rainbow!

Pop on over to my  BLOG for a few extra tips and additional pictures about this project!

Erin Reed | Erin Reed Makes

• Wyldecent

These are really nice. Do you have any problems with the sand flaking off or cleaning them? Did you seal the sand with anything? I went to your blog page to see if this was discussed but got "Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist." with the link provided.