How do you get hard water ring out of a toilet bowl?

+4

• Richie Richie on Mar 23, 2019

I had the same problem I bought a Pumice stone.Follow the direction on the package for easy usage

• Leena Leena on Mar 23, 2019

toilet gel bleach.

I have not tried it but i have been told a can of coke does the trick. Pour a can of coke into the toilet bowl, Leave it overnight. Flush it down in the morning.

• V Smith V Smith on Mar 23, 2019

Yep, pumice stone. It works like magic.

• Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on Mar 23, 2019

I would shut off the water and flush to get water level low (no refill). Then I would use CLR or maybe some powered cleaner (Ajax, Comet) sprinkled on. Then scrub. Buy a water softener for your house.

• Betsy Betsy on Mar 23, 2019

Hi Jean: Don't use anything that will scratch the surface, you will have a whole new host of problems. You can try removing as much water as you can and use a non=abrasive cleanser like Barkeepers Friend or Bon Ami.

Or you can Pour 1/4 cup of Borax into the toilet bowl and swish it around with a toilet brush. Add 1 cup of vinegar and allow the mixture to sit in the bowl for about 20 minutes. Finish by scrubbing the bowl with a toilet brush to remove the stains. Flush the toilet to rinse.

Here is a site that tells about where rust comes from, it may help. Good luck

https://www.mrrooter.com/about/blog/2018/march/how-to-prevent-rust-stains-in-your-toilet/

• Dfm Dfm on Mar 30, 2019

Pumice stick, made of volcanic ash, it won’t hurt the commode. Rust is an iron deposit clr cleaner works great for it. If you have a water softener you can get pellets that will take the iron out.