DIY Clipboard Art

388 Views
When I was doing my living room makeover, I knew I had to come up with an idea for free or very inexpensive artwork due to the budget. I have a bunch of frames in my house but wanted something a little more industrial looking. I had seen clipboards used before as frames however I only had two clipboards, they didn't match and I wanted three images on my wall.
  • diy clipboard art, crafts, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
I looked through my woodpile in the basement and found a very thin piece of wood. I cut the wood down to resemble a clipboard.
I stained the wood using my wood oxidizing recipe and hot glued some metal clips onto the boards. On the back I hot glued some yarn to act as a hook. These are very light and so far the yarn hook seems to be holding up just fine.
I printed off three images of my dog in black and white for the actual "art". He's my favorite subject when it comes to art! One of the things I love about these frames is how easy it is to change the photos out (I will be changing them out for Halloween) and of course I love the price (free for me) of making these!

Suggested materials for this project:

Dria @ Dio

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question