Asked on Jun 25, 2012

looking for a semi transparent stain I can use in PA ,I was using tompsons

Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.comKMS Woodworks


cannot find in oh or pa
2 answers
  • KMS Woodworks
    on Jun 25, 2012

    Thompson's is some lousy stuff. I have been using the line of products from Penofin for over 15 years. In fact I'm one of three certified "Penofin pro's" in Colorado. They have a wide variety of colors to chose from as well as some very "green" options like the Zero VOC Verde line. your nearest dealer is Sutton hardware in Cleavland... ( based on a search with 44117 as a zip) Cleavland Lumber is another You may need to chemically clean / strip the old finish in order to apply the new Penofin. Penofin has these cleaning products as well.

  • Any Sherwin-Williams paint store should be able to provide you with a semi-transparent type of stain that is compatible with the Thompson product if indeed they are not selling it themselves. However like KMS said, there are those stains that will require cleaning and stripping in order to provide the necessary protection to the wood.

Your comment...