Shelly L Nemeth
Shelly L Nemeth
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Gilbert, AZ

Hula Hoop Wood Shelf

$10

Okay, you will not believe what I made using some dollar store 24" hula hoops. Check it out!

hula hoop wood shelf

First I started by spray painting my two hula hoops with rustoleum oil brushed bronze.

hula hoop wood shelf

Then let it dry.

hula hoop wood shelf

I then cut my 2 wood shelves- I came up with 23” that was to the edge of my hula hoops.

hula hoop wood shelf

Then I sanded them down.

hula hoop wood shelf

Then I stained the wood on all sides.

hula hoop wood shelf

I then drilled some pilot holes through the hoop and into the wood.

hula hoop wood shelf

I used a box to level between shelves and drilled in the second shelf.

hula hoop wood shelf

Resting it like this made drilling the shelves in easier to do!

hula hoop wood shelf

After the shelves were in place, I added two wooden dowels to the base to make sure it wouldn't rock.If you have any mistakes, just use some electric tape and spray paint to cover any errors.

hula hoop wood shelf

And that's it, it's done and ready to be used!

hula hoop wood shelf

Here it is on my bathroom vanity I think it turned out super cute! What do you think? The whole shelf only cost me $10! See more great items at Gilbert Marketplace

• 2 hula hoop 24"
  • 2 23” wood shelfs 1” thick 1x8"
  • 4 wood screws

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/groups/148871301967379

• Shirl tilton

Wow! Im so impressed! Looks amazing! I bet it would be beautiful hanging up too. What on earth gave you this idea. You have a busy adventurous mind. Just Wow! You did good! It is truly beautiful!

• Shelly L Nemeth

Thank you so much!! And to be truthful I tried to hang it on the wall it would be a little too wide and it wants to pull away! Best for the Counter!! 😊 or plant shelf

• Michele Morgan

That looks awesome! You must have a big countertop to fit that on it! My only counter space I have is literally less than4" deep and about maybe 20" tops! But possibly less than that. I'm in an RV. Any ideas on making storage on my counter space for make-up? I'm using a little sorter now but I need more space. I was thinking maybe something like this only with narrow shelves as well as more shelves to put stuff on. What do u think?

• Tricia

Why wouldn't you leave part of the wheel? Now, it's just basically a circle frame. I would have left the bottom half the wagon wheel, and only one shelf running across the middle.

• Donna

What wheel? Shelly you made an amazing Floor Display shelving unit. !!! GREAT!!!