How do I clean a laminate floor?

+8

I have mahogony colored laminate floor that shows every speck of dust & mess! Is vinegar & water the best way to clean it?

• Deborah Deborah on Mar 24, 2019

One part vinegar to three parts water and just a smal squirt of dish soap leaves mine super clean and shiny!

• See 1 previous
    • Deborah Deborah on Mar 25, 2019

I used to use Bona but when I found this recipe my floors looked just like new and with dogs and cats it’s a miracle worker I keep a big jug of it always ready to fill my mop dispenser, good luck! Ps mine are that dark wood too, next time I’m going lighter!

• William William on Mar 24, 2019

Bona for laminate floors.

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Mar 24, 2019

When you wash it use a damp mop with a bit of baking soda in warm water, no vinegar. In between use a dry mop which has static cling to help keep the dust particles at bay. If you have a blower heating system be sure that your filter is cleaned regularly or it will blow up through the vents and cover everything if the filter is clogged.

• Dana Dana on Mar 25, 2019

Does the baking soda not cause it to dry with a residue on it?

• Terra Terra on Mar 24, 2019

Yes vinegar works but I personally don't care for the smell on my laminate I use this stuff: https://superiorpaintco.ca/collections/wood-stains/products/aqua-shine-concentrate

• Flipturn Flipturn on Mar 24, 2019

Yes, although it is trendy to have dark flooring, many more bits of dust, floor, thread, etc. will show up on it. No cleaner will prevent this from happening. If you do not want to be constantly cleaning the floor, I would say do away with permanent frustration, and replace it with a light color.