Tomato Cage Plant Stand

$10

We typically have a garden in our backyard each year and we always plant tomatoes! Tomato cages are a must have in your garden, but have you ever thought about using them indoors?

With a few materials, you can instantly give your tomato cages an upgrade and make them look stunning indoors. Let’s get started!

YOU WILL NEED:

Tomato cage

Gold spray paint

Clippers / hacksaw

Cardboard

Plant / pot

ONE

Cut off the spiky feet with a clipper or a hacksaw. Get as close as possible to the circle, as the large circle will become your base.

TWO

Spray paint your cage on cardboard or another material in a well ventilated area. I sprayed multiple coats of paint to make sure I covered it well.

THREE

Put a pot or basket in the top with your plant. Be sure your plant is in something that allows for drainage.

That’s it! Easy peasy. It's so easy to move around and it looks beautiful in every location.

A repurposed tomato cage now holding my beautiful plant - indoors.

For more information on what plants I have in my home and how I use them as decor, check out this blog post.

Courtney

• Shuganne

I have a 12 lb. cat who lives to shred plants - yes I make sure they are not poisonous - and I'm wondering if you have any ideas on how to make this sturdy enough to not tip over in his quest to destroy my decor, while not losing the open, airy feel of your original work? (Which, by the way, is gorgeous!)

• Courtney

Hi! I found a plastic pot at our local home improvement store that has a lip around the top. This pot hangs around the top ring of the tomato cage and, in my opinion, made it a bit sturdier. Hope that helps!

• Elaine Bertrand

what can I put on a deck floor that has vinyl on it which I do not want to remove?

• Deb Dziabuda-Konzer

Any issues with it scratching the wood floors? We have laminate flooring and I worry about scratches.. ( it’s cheap laminate and scratches easily)

• Courtney

We actually have LVT flooring and it has not scratched it. Just make sure when you cut the legs off that it’s as close to the circle as possible and it shouldn’t be sharp. Another option would be to put a drop of hot glue on the bottom where you cut off.