Courtney
Courtney
  • Moline, IL

Tomato Cage Plant Stand

$10

We typically have a garden in our backyard each year and we always plant tomatoes! Tomato cages are a must have in your garden, but have you ever thought about using them indoors?

With a few materials, you can instantly give your tomato cages an upgrade and make them look stunning indoors. Let’s get started!

YOU WILL NEED:

Tomato cage

Gold spray paint

Clippers / hacksaw

Cardboard

Plant / pot

tomato cage plant stand

ONE

Cut off the spiky feet with a clipper or a hacksaw. Get as close as possible to the circle, as the large circle will become your base.

tomato cage plant stand

TWO

Spray paint your cage on cardboard or another material in a well ventilated area. I sprayed multiple coats of paint to make sure I covered it well.

tomato cage plant stand

THREE

Put a pot or basket in the top with your plant. Be sure your plant is in something that allows for drainage.

tomato cage plant stand

That’s it! Easy peasy. It's so easy to move around and it looks beautiful in every location.

A repurposed tomato cage now holding my beautiful plant - indoors.

tomato cage plant stand

For more information on what plants I have in my home and how I use them as decor, check out this blog post.

Courtney

• Braden Olivia

What’s the best way to clean pewter kitchen cabinet handles ?

• Shuganne

I have a 12 lb. cat who lives to shred plants - yes I make sure they are not poisonous - and I'm wondering if you have any ideas on how to make this sturdy enough to not tip over in his quest to destroy my decor, while not losing the open, airy feel of your original work? (Which, by the way, is gorgeous!)

• Courtney

Hi! I found a plastic pot at our local home improvement store that has a lip around the top. This pot hangs around the top ring of the tomato cage and, in my opinion, made it a bit sturdier. Hope that helps!

• Elaine Bertrand

what can I put on a deck floor that has vinyl on it which I do not want to remove?