Brooke N
Brooke N
  • Lake Jackson, TX

DIY Cowboy Cooler

I was in love with the look of a rustic cooler for our patio, but was turned off by the high prices. So my husband and I took an old cooler apart and built our own! The base is held by a 2x2 frame, covered in reclaimed fence posts found by the curb. We attached a spigot to the drain hole in the cooler for drainage, used an antler shed for the handle, and added a bottle opener for decoration. It was so easy,
diy cowboy cooler, diy, how to, patio, porches, woodworking projects, Rustic Cowboy Cooler made from furring strips and reclaimed fencing
Rustic "Cowboy Cooler" made from furring strips and reclaimed fencing
diy cowboy cooler, diy, how to, patio, porches, woodworking projects, 2x2 furring strip frame A piece of threaded PVC extends the drain for the spigot
2x2 furring strip frame. A piece of threaded PVC extends the drain for the spigot.
diy cowboy cooler, diy, how to, patio, porches, woodworking projects, Inside shot of the cooler
Inside shot of the cooler.
diy cowboy cooler, diy, how to, patio, porches, woodworking projects, Attaching the facing and the pre drilled spigot piece
Attaching the facing and the pre-drilled spigot piece.
diy cowboy cooler, diy, how to, patio, porches, woodworking projects, Finished side
Finished side.
Brooke N