How do I clean my tub and shower?

+5

I have MS is there a solution and tool that I can use to clean as I don't have much strength to scrub I always have a fear that if I don't get it clean enough I am going to get mold. Any help is appreciated thank you.

• I would put a scrub brush on a broom stick so you don't have to bend or kneel. Here's what I use to clean the tub and shower:

Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 solution of Dawn dish soap and vinegar. Spray it on the tub/shower and let it work. If they are tougher stains, you may have to scrub.

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Mar 25, 2019

Sharon...I believe that the spray bottle with Dawn and vinegar will work also. You can spray after your showers and it will possibly do away with extra scrubbing.

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Mar 25, 2019

Part of the “mold challenge” for anyone, is getting enough “air exchanges” per hour.

Have a new exhaust fan put in, if you’re in doubt, at least 70 CFM.

I always run the fan before I get in the shower and at least 30 minutes after.

• Twyla J Boyer Twyla J Boyer on Mar 25, 2019

Do what Ann said. And if the solutions she recommends isn't sufficient, you can use a regular broom (clean it first) and Comet or whatever other cleaner you prefer use use the broom as a scrub brush.

Once you have it clean, keep a spray bottle of vinegar in the bathroom. Spray the tub and shower with the vinegar after each shower and it should help reduce any soap scum and make tings easier to clean. It should also help prevent mold. Also, run the bathroom fan for at least 10-15 minutes after your showers to remove moisture from the air.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Mar 25, 2019

If not marble, you can use "wet & forget shower" which is a no scrub product. It will work slowly over a few weeks but it will do a great job over time.

• Hi Sharon - This is the shower cleaner that we use to help keep grout and tiles clean and minimize the mildew - it works on kitchen grout too. Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/shower-cleaner-diy/

PS - We have a FREE eBook with recipes for all of my homemade and all-natural cleaners. You can download it here --> https://pinkfortitude.com/thank#GreenClean