Peel and Stick Tile Backsplash

$300
1 Day

Updating or adding backsplash can be as simple as peel and stick. No thin set, no grouting, but all the style.

When we moved in there was a 4 inch tall backsplash that needed to be removed.

We scored the caulk at the top of the small backsplash and where it touched the counter. Then we used a pry bar to removed the backsplash, but tried not to damage the wall.

After the small backsplash was removed and the area cleaned, we sanded and patched any areas that were uneven. Then starting at one corner, we added the tile.

The tile comes 8 to a pack. You peel off the paper backing and using a level we place the tiles.

For the cuts we used a wet saw and when we started on the next row, we cut the tile in half to stagger the tiles.

Having a good tile cutter with the proper blade is all you need. To see the full tutorial, be sure to check out the blog post:

https://www.cribbsstyle.com/my-experience-with-peel-and-stick-glass-tile-backsplash/

I loved not having to mess with thin set or grout. Most importantly I love how it turned out.

Brooke Cribbs- Cribbs Style

• Sandy

How do you get the outlets to be flush against the added depth of the tile?

• Dollie

How thick are the tiles? I have a double wide home and want to upgrade but am afraid this will be too thick around the windows. Though I could then trim the windows. Hummmmm.......

• Joyce

I have a black recliner chair of man-made fabric. That is peeling I'm both armrests still a good chair what can I do for it

• Suzzanne Doublez

I can def see these unsticking after awhile but I was thinking they are really so beautiful it was my own house and not a rental I would put some heavy duty permanent glue on to hold them better for longer

• Suzzanne Doublez

I live in a rental and they haven't updated any of the cheap builder grade counters since the 60's. seriosly. the counters are so ugly (poop brown, paint splatters, huge nicks and cuts, coming unglued) that I MUST cover them with contac paper. Ive lived here two years and Im just now installing my third "fake countertop" with contac paper. It's tedious. This weekend Im putting up contac paper on ther backsplash too. Im now wondering about these glass tiles. I can't see them staying up well thoiugh....especially if the oven or stove gets hot. They're gorgeous tho