CribbsStyle
CribbsStyle
  • Mount Pleasant, SC

Peel and Stick Tile Backsplash

$300
1 Day

Updating or adding backsplash can be as simple as peel and stick. No thin set, no grouting, but all the style.

peel and stick tile backsplash

When we moved in there was a 4 inch tall backsplash that needed to be removed.

peel and stick tile backsplash

We scored the caulk at the top of the small backsplash and where it touched the counter. Then we used a pry bar to removed the backsplash, but tried not to damage the wall.

peel and stick tile backsplash

After the small backsplash was removed and the area cleaned, we sanded and patched any areas that were uneven. Then starting at one corner, we added the tile.

peel and stick tile backsplash

The tile comes 8 to a pack. You peel off the paper backing and using a level we place the tiles.

peel and stick tile backsplash

For the cuts we used a wet saw and when we started on the next row, we cut the tile in half to stagger the tiles.

peel and stick tile backsplash

Having a good tile cutter with the proper blade is all you need. To see the full tutorial, be sure to check out the blog post:

https://www.cribbsstyle.com/my-experience-with-peel-and-stick-glass-tile-backsplash/

I loved not having to mess with thin set or grout. Most importantly I love how it turned out.

CribbsStyle

• Sandy

How do you get the outlets to be flush against the added depth of the tile?

• CribbsStyle

There are little tabs you use to extend your outlet a bit. They’re found in the electrical aisle.

• Dollie

How thick are the tiles? I have a double wide home and want to upgrade but am afraid this will be too thick around the windows. Though I could then trim the windows. Hummmmm.......

• Marlene Scott

Yes.. seems easy. I would let to try it😃

• Jill Krol

I actually did this. I used the stainless steel looking tiles. Bought 10 packages for just over $100. I followed the directions exactly, including washing the wall and letting it dry. Looked great for a weekend. Then one of the tiles started falling off, so i redid it. Looked great for a couple of weeks. Decided to bake. About an hour into using the oven I heard a thud. Another tile gone behind the very heavy stove that I cannot move. I figured it was a fluke, so I went and bought another package of the peel and stick tiles and replaced the missing one. Used the oven again, this time for a turkey. Guess what -- more tiles fell off. I took the entire back splash down. Then I went to a tile store, bought a beautiful glass basket weave tile, the stuff you put it on with, and grout. It took me one evening to put it up, plus a trip back to the tile store to have them cut several tiles. Put the cut tiles up. Then the next day, I applied the grout. Let it dry and caulked the edge. It looks fabulous. Fast forward, I've used the oven extensively, the stove top daily, and not a single piece of tile has come down. The tile was on extreme sale and the project cost me $103. The peel and stick cost me just over $100. If I had paid regular price for the tile, it would have been closer to $400.

I just wanted people to know my experience before deciding on the peel and stick. They seem like a great idea and you did a lovely job with them. I just hope they last better for you.

• Debra

I would love to see a picture of your tiles ? I would like to try this thx