Tiny Washroom Make Over

$60

Hi there !

My boys are becoming teenagers and they need their private space. They have a large bed room they share in the basement and a tiny washroom. When I was asking them to leave my bathroom alone and use theirs, they answered me: yours is prettier! So I decided to beautify theirs!

tiny washroom make over

I started by removing the melamine doors to cover them with pre-glued oak veneer, using an iron.

tiny washroom make over

I painted the whole room in white. I then installed Frog Tape before painting the wall behind the toilet. I chose a royal blue to give a little depth to the room

tiny washroom make over

After measuring, cutting and staining the paneling, I installed it on the wall of the vanity using nails. I "framed" the wall with pine moulding to create a nice finish.

tiny washroom make over

I installed pine shelves that I stained the same color as paneling and vanity doors. I put them on brackets that I spray painted silver, which gives an industrial vibe to the room.

tiny washroom make over

Using leftover wood for the shelves, I made a small one above the sink. I left a space between the counter and the shelf, which I covered with aluminum sheet.

tiny washroom make over

Voilà ! A new and very masculine washroom !

tiny washroom make over

• Bobbi

Awesome transformation. Love it. Curious as to where you got the picture with the lighthouse next to the sink.

• Willette Buckelew Bagwell

I love what you did to your bathroom. Looks great! Your boys should be proud.

Does this bath have a shower or tub?

• Lisa West

Looks great and wonderful. How do your boys like it,? You didnt fill us in on their thoughts

You really did a great job. Lobe the pic or painting of the light house. Where did you purchase that or did some one paint oy for you? Thank you for sharimg this beautiful up grade.

• [re]FɄB19

Thank you Lisa! I made the lighthouse myself.

The boys are very happy !

• Gretchen

very cute. Great job

• Debbie

i DIY all the time, i've done every room in our home, i am now in the process of hanging cabin wallpaper in my living room awesome job on the bathroom, i redid mine last month it turned out amazing i love all the DIY posts.. and have learned alot...great job