How to keep brown sugar fresh?

+4

How to brown sugar fresh

• Recreated Designs Recreated Designs on Mar 27, 2019

Hi Steve. I find that if you put a little piece of bread into the container with the brown sugar, it keeps it from getting hard.

• Sharon Rybak Sharon Rybak on Mar 27, 2019

put in freezer?

• I keep mine in a zip lock bag and always squeeze out the air when I close it back up.

• Roseann8628 Roseann8628 on Mar 27, 2019

Hi, Keeping a damp paper towel in the container will help (if its airtight), but my favorite way to do this is a little clay brown sugar bear. Soak it in water and place it in the container. They're $3.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond. Also available on Amazon... :)

• Linda Biere Linda Biere on Mar 27, 2019

I keep mine in a ziplock bag, and when I need it, I put it in the microwave for a few seconds until soft. Works every time.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Mar 27, 2019

ziplock bag remove all air seal then in glass jar with screw on lid, if you have a freezer that does/is not self defrosting keep it in there in air tight container

• Libbie B Libbie B on Mar 30, 2019

My mom always put a piece of bread with brown sugar stored in a ziplock bag.