Thrifty Tips: Decorate a Dorm Room for Less!

Greetings, Friends! It's that time of year when all of the commercials are pushing school supplies and new clothes-- aren't Target's the best?! I remember those yearly tax-free weekend shopping trips and returning to the school year routine. I also have fond memories of helping Youngest Daughter decorate her college dorm room when she was into turquoise, fuchsia and Orlando Bloom! As soon as she received her scholarship letter, I started the hunt for the things she would need. Since dorm rooms are tiny and basically a blank canvas, the goal was saving space and adding color while of course being thrifty!
We started with a boho chic comforter from Ebay--bright hues, a variety of textures and a great bargain. I covered the large bulletin board wall behind the bed with fabric from a dollar store table cloth. Sheets and table cloths are an inexpensive source of fabric providing lots of yardage for little cash. After covering this massive board, I still had enough left for the side bulletin board over the built in desk and a toss pillow for the bed.
YD, a Spanish major loved the familia and esperanza I scored from a yard sale, painted apple green and tucked among her personal photos. The "disco" pillow, frames, desk lamp and cork board squares for additional photos were also from yard sales while the orange and green fabric storage bins were another dollar store find.
After several "one last hugs" I left my college girl at her laptop, finding comfort in the fact that I had helped her settle into her first home away from home. Then I cried in the parking lot! Today, I am proud to say my girl graduated Cum Laude Honors with a double major in three years!
Have you decorated a dorm room or transformed a tiny space? I would love to hear from you!

25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Cecilia MyThriftStoreAddiction