Repurposed Gutter Leaf Strainer Flowers

$15

It's always fun to make unique flowers for the garden. They add some interest and surprise, especially to shade garden where there might not be a lot of color.

repurposed gutter leaf strainer flowers

When I saw these gutter leaf strainers at the home improvement store I immediately thought of flowers. And a few vintage jello molds would help my vision happen.

repurposed gutter leaf strainer flowers

These leaf strainer parts can easily bent into a flower shape.

repurposed gutter leaf strainer flowers

The aluminum jello molds are very easy to drill through to make holes in the center. Don't have a drill? A hammer and nail would do the trick.

repurposed gutter leaf strainer flowers

But you will need a drill to get a hole into the silver plate spoon. This helps hold everything together and acts like the stem. Don't use stainless steel because they are super hard to drill through.

repurposed gutter leaf strainer flowers

I spray painted the leaf strainers and jello molds fun colors, and some drawer knobs too

repurposed gutter leaf strainer flowers

Then I screwed a bolt into the back through the spoon, the leaf strainer, and the jello mold.

repurposed gutter leaf strainer flowers

And then I screwed a drawer knob onto the bolt like so.

repurposed gutter leaf strainer flowers

And here's my finished flower. The spoon handle just slips into a pipe that I spray painted green.

repurposed gutter leaf strainer flowers

I like to do things in threes and I mixed up the colors for some interest.

To see more pics, tips, and details please check out my Gutter Leaf Strainer Flower post here.

You can see my Gutter Leaf Strainer Tulips here.

Tuula @ Color Me Thrifty

• Cynthia

After I locate my vintage jello molds.......

• Lou

Great idea, but at

Amazon Price:$32.97 + $12.75 shipping

That's kind of pricey.....

I will have to keep my eyes open at yard sales this summer.

Thanks for sharing the idea!!!