Asked on Mar 29, 2019

How do I keep rain from going onto dog house floor?

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CALynn SorrellJeremy Hoffpauir
+5

my dogs house floor is getting water n I dont know what to do so whn it rains water wont get in. Do I use blocks, 2x4's, dont knw help thanks@@

William

Build a platform out of blocks, pressure treated wood, etc. above ground level.

• Lena
      Lena

Building a dog house yourself is one of the smartest investments you’ll ever make, OP.

Not only will you have a far more attractive place for your dog to stay, you can feel proud in the knowledge that you built your best friends home with your own two hands. Click here to check out some insulated dog house plans that are cheap.

I highly recommend these. They helped me put up a dog house in my garden rather quickly — and they're insulated too!

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

One course of blocks for a dog foundation should do the trick.

• Jeremy Hoffpauir
    Jeremy Hoffpauir

Do you have a picture of the dog house and where the water pools?

• Lynn Sorrell
    Lynn Sorrell

is the water coming in the doorway? Is doorway covered at all? need to cover entrance hang plastic over entrance to keep rain out and put the house up on cinder blocks so it's not sitting in water run off also drill some small holes in each corner of doghouse's flooring so if water gets in house it will drain out so poor dog is not sitting in wet interior

• Why is the dog outside in the rain? Dog should be brought inside. If you don't want the dog inside, consider relinquishing to a no kill shelter or rescue group.

• Cornuts1
      Cornuts1

I'm sorry ma am but I would never give my dog to a shelter or to rescue his house has never done this before it's a big house for him and it is insulated the only thing is that we've had a lot of rain here in Texas and I noticed that when I was cleaning out but thank you for your reply