Kristin
Kristin
  • San Marcos, CA

How to install glass to your kitchen cabinets

For a full tutorial on how to add glass to your kitchen cabinets you can visit me here.
http://myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com/adding-glass-to-your-kitchen-cabinets/
1-Remove the center panel
2-Add a very small piece of molding to hide all the rough cuts and paint
3-Run a single bead of clear silicone 
4-Press the pane of glass into the groove, let it dry overnight.  Add a simple plastic frame clip
1-Remove the center panel 2-Add a very small piece of molding to hide all the rough cuts and paint 3-Run a single bead of clear silicone 4-Press the pane of glass into the groove, let it dry overnight. Add a simple plastic frame clip
We took our doors into the glass shop and they measured for us. $8 a piece, what a deal!
Kristin

• Kelly S

My husband made new door frames and we put art glass in them. It defuses the light but the objects are still visible.

• Jean Myles

@Kelly S Could you explain what art glass is and where it can be bought TY

• Robert Senn

Iwas thinking about using picture frames for framing the opening and to hold the glass in place and should I do all 4 doors or just the 2 center ones. Mostly to display my collection of family Crystal and glassware.